How to Make Frittata Egg Recipe?
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette’s or crustless quiche, enriched with the ingredients such as meats, vegetables, cheeses or pasta. The word frittata is Italian and it’s roughly translation means “fried”. Frittatas are so easy, fast, and customizable egg recipes that everybody is going to love it. Everybody can make frittata egg recipe so that everybody can have it either for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Frittata is a versatile egg recipe as it can be served as breakfast, lunch or dinner. It tastes as good as anything else. To make frittata egg recipe is incredibly easy to make classic Italian dish even tastier and delicious just by learning traditional way of folding and flipping technique to stir and bake. We need some ingredients variant to make frittata egg recipe which we listed below:
Ingredients Needed to Make Frittata Egg Recipe
- Potato, diced
- Medium bell pepper
- Roasted red pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 leeks, diced
1 cup cooked pasta
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 cup shredded cooked meat (pork, chicken or beef)
- 1 cup tofu diced
For cooking and Seasoning to make frittata egg recipe
Vegetable oil, Spices or herbs, like oregano, thyme, basil, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, 2 cloves of garlic, minced, kosher salt as your taste and flavor.
For the eggs
1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
Large eggs(6-8), enough to cover the ingredients
Medium sized, Non-stick frying pan or cast iron skillet
Steps to Make Frittata Egg Recipe
- Heat the oven first at about 400°F, arrange a rack in the middle of the oven.
- What you should do next is saute the ingredients. Cook the raw meat well in the large nonstick frying pan or cast iron skillet and then remove it from the pan to and keep it aside for a while. At medium-high heat start cooking the vegetables which should be cooked for a longer time like onions and potatoes and ending with softer veggies like red peppers, until cooked through. Then add any meat you prefer or tofu just enough to warm as it is already cooked.
- Another step is to season the ingredients. Season the ingredients a little bit more as they should be mixed with the eggs. Along with the seasonings you wish to put in your recipe add some salt according to your taste and flavor. It should taste strong and good as well. You can also add more spices besides these.
- Melt more cheese in between the vegetable layers to make your recipe more tasty and yummy.
- Whisk the eggs and pour them over the vegetables and cheese. Make sure that the eggs settle evenly over all the vegetables. Cook until the eggs over the vegetables get set and gives a shape.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut a small slit in the center of the frittata to check whether it is cooked or not. If the eggs are set it is cooked and you can pull the frittata from the oven but if the raw eggs run into the cut bake for another few minutes until it is cooked
- Cool the pan for more than five minutes, Then slice into wedges and serve them with the ketchup or cold drinks as you like.
Perfect Tips to Make Frittata Egg Recipe
The whole point of a frittata is that you can make it anytime, with almost anything. Just keep these few tips in mind.
- Size It Perfectly: For making frittata to look classic and of perfect size use medium dimension baking dish. Large dimension baking dish will too work but will yield shallower firttatas. For better result bake your firttatas in cast- iron skillet.
- Go easy With The Beating: Overbeating will cause the frittata to poof in the oven, then fall into a denser layer when cooling. Beat the eggs only enough to blend the whites and yolks.
- For a browned, crispy top:Set the frittata under the broiler for a minute or two at the end of cooking.
- Pre-Cook The Things To Be Mixed: Yes it is always a good idea to pre-cook things to me mixed. You should cook the raw meat (chicken, buff or pork) before to cook the frittata. You can also cook the veggies like thinly sliced onions and chopped potatoes
- Serve It Hot: The frittata can be served immediately or warm. Once cooled to room temperature, it can stand for up to an hour. A cooled frittata can be refrigerated up to 1 day. Serve cold, bring to room temperature, or reheat before serving.
- Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Make Burger Recipe?